Saturday, December 19, 2009

Frindle: The BIG Review

I thought Frindle was a good book. The ending was very happy. Frindle is about a kid (Nick Allen) who invents a new word meaning pen (Frindle). His word teacher Miss Granger did not like the word at first. But then she loved it and was playing along as the villain. Nick Allen was famous. He got to be on the news and everything. One guy who was selling Frindle T-shirts gave his dad a check for $ 100,00. Later in his collage years, Nick received the check. Once he had bought all the things he wanted he gave the rest of his money to Miss Granger.

3 comments:

Grammy said...

Thank you sharing the story of Frindle. Do you own the book or did you borrow it from the library? I will have to see if they have it at the alexander Mitchell Library in Aberdeen. Love you - Gramy

Tomorra said...

David - My son Lafe read Frindle and enjoyed it as well. Lafe has also read "Week in the Woods" and "The Janitor's Son" by Andrew Clements and enjoyed those as well. Maybe you should give those a try. Happy Reading!

Mom said...

I have to admit that I didn't think I was going to like Frindle very much, but I'm glad to say I was wrong. I really enjoyed the book, too, David. And, I'm glad I got to read it with you and Nicholas. It was a fun book, with respectful characters, and I really liked how the characters developed and the surprise at the end with Mrs. Granger. I think we should try more Andrew Clements books, too.